Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot

Today was probably one of the last sweltering days of the season. Poor Dave was back down working at the motorcycle shop while I was out kayaking and swimming. It has been a fantastic summer for both. I’ve never been in and on the water so much. It has been so enjoyable kayaking up in the northern lakes, that I bought another kayak for the lakes and rivers around home.

Today’s paddle was at Brant Lake in the Adirondacks. The above picture was taken last year, but today it looked just like this. At least it was that calm for the first part of the day, and then the wind picked up a bit. Naturally it was blowing from the exact direction that I had to paddle to get back to the launch ramp. It doesn’t seem to be a problem very much anymore, now that the muscles in my arms are getting stronger.

The lake flows into a creek which is very protected and shallow, but it doesn’t take much water to float my boat.



There are so many diverse places to kayak and I will elaborate more in the days to come. Meanwhile, I will take advantage of this weather before Hurricane Earl gets close enough to change our weather to 65 degrees and windy. Then it will be time to get into fall mode and go hiking and on/off road motorcycle riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment