Thursday, December 25, 2014

A Bahamas Christmas Dinner

What an unexpected pleasure we had today when our lighthouse keeper invited us to join his family for Christmas dinner. Elvis grabbed me and set me in the kitchen to watch, so that I could learn about what their traditional meal was all about. I couldn't just sit there watching so I helped Elvis and his girlfriend Mika, serve up the delicious food. Mika is about 7 1/2 months pregnant with a little girl they will call Ejah.

Dave and Elvis' daughter Tiqua.  I may have mentioned already that Elvis has 32, soon to be 33 children!

Dave brought the rum and cokes to help celebrate this festive occasion.

And what a feast we had with a whole ham, BBQ and fried chicken wings, potato salad, peas 'n' rice, and two huge pans of spicy macaroni and cheese...one of which was given to us!



Unfortunately I don't have any photos of this, but both Elvis and his Uncle Henry entertained us with their awesome singing and guitar playing after we ate, rounding out this very special afternoon.

Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night...until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment