Thursday, September 28, 2017

Payback Time

Four years ago, when Dave had his accident and was incapacitated, I had to help him and do lots of jobs that I wasn't used to. Well it's payback time... I have broken my ankle! I twisted my ankle and then fell on it, so both bones are broken. It was also dislocated and boy was that ugly! It happened in Ticonderoga and we went to the hospital there where they set and splinted it. Today I had an orthopedic doctor appointment and unfortunately I will need surgery to install a plate and screws. This means we won't be in Florida or Hope Town for quite a few weeks as I recover. We'll enjoy the New England fall (no pun intended) and spend more time in the south in the spring to make up for lost time. Meanwhile, Dave is taking great care of me and all the jobs I usually do, while I sit and point. I'll keep you posted on my recuperation.

No comments:

Post a Comment