Friday, February 16, 2018

Bo Peep

Little Bo Peep has lost her cheeps, and doesn’t know where to find them.

There’s only a few on the ground so I look all around, and discover they’re up above me.

Up towards the sky the hen is flying so high, as the chicks climb the branches behind her.

I exclaim “what the heck” as they approach our deck, what are they doing up there?

So I head to the top to make them all stop, but they know this is where the food comes from.

Mom makes it to the ledge giving her the edge, to get the bread before her kids do.

The peeps sit in the trees flapping tiny wings in the breeze, waiting to get their morsels.

It’s time to get these chickens back down and to the hen I say with a frown, “Off my porch you mother clucker!”


Footnotes:
Blame that last phrase on Dave.
Yes, we have too much time on our hands. 😉
No, I am not using a cane anymore. We just used it for the photo shoot as Bo Peep's staff!

2 comments: