Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Family Reunion

We laid my mother to rest next to my father this past weekend. Although it was a sad time, it was also wonderful to see so many of our relatives and close family friends. At the luncheon after the brief gravesite service (in the rain), it was all about reminiscing. My sister Sue brought many of the photo albums that my mother had put together throughout our lives and everyone had such a good time looking through them.


You could hear comments like,"there's my wedding picture," or "I can't believe she saved my prom photo!" Here is my cousin Debbie, from my mother's side of the family (seated on the right), along with my sister Sue, brother Rick, and me.

With most of my siblings and their families in town, we were able to spend some quality time together. Sue also brought gifts for those of us with repaired broken bones. It is ironic that first Dave broke his femur and wrist 5 years ago, then Rick broke his ankle 1 1/2 years ago, followed by my nephew Mark who broke his ankle last summer and almost lost his foot, and of course my ankle fracture last fall. Each of us was featured on our own placque with the other xrays surrounding it. It really brought some humor to the weekend, but the saying is so true...broken bones knit families!

No comments:

Post a Comment