Saturday, October 20, 2018

Eerie Sight

We took a ride up through Speculator and then back through Caroga Lake a few days ago. It brought back memories for both of us. Speculator is where I went to church camp at Camp Fowler when I was a kid. My parents also used to take us to both Pine Lake and Caroga Lake. The amusement area, especially the carousel, really made quite an impression on us kids. Our most recent memories (recent as in 40 years ago 😉) were from when Dave and my brother Rick ice raced dirt bikes on the lake. They were family affairs as we huddled together in vans to try and stay warm between races. It was still tons of fun though! Now all that is left of this once thriving area is the eerily abandoned amusement area. It was so sad to see. We didn't get close enough to look in the carosel building, but I have to wonder, is that classic old carousel still hiding in there?

No comments:

Post a Comment