Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Rats to the North

This time it was only one rat, and I ended up being a wet rat once again. Here is my view from underneath a big tree along the shore of the north Hudson River near Corinth.
There was only 10% chance of rain that day, but apparently I was directly in the path of one menacing cloud.

While waiting for the rain shower to let up, several kayakers and quite a few whitewater rafters came down the rapids, hootin' and hollerin' the whole way. A bus meets them on shore at the bottom of the rapids, bringing them and the rafts back to where they started.

I tried to get closer to the rapids, but the current was just too strong. I paddled as hard as I could, but made no forward progress. I finally gave up and used my camera zoom for photos.

Then Pink picked up a hitchhiker for a short distance. Guess he liked the kayak's color!

It was a breeze going back to the launch ramp since I was paddling downstream. Then the wind died too and it was quite pretty, especially with the reflections of the clouds and trees in the water.

It may have rained during this kayaking adventure, but it certainly didn't dampen my spirits!

No comments:

Post a Comment