Friday, September 28, 2012

Statistics

After signing into my blog this morning, I found that I have reached the monumental point of having over 20,000 hits on this website! That's pretty commendable since this is my 323rd  post since its inception in December 2009.

I am amazed and overwhelmed by the number of people that tell me that they read "Into A New Horizon" and check for updates daily. Thank you all so much and I will try to keep it it interesting, upbeat, and fun. If I miss a few days...or weeks, it's probably because we've been dealing with every day mundane things and challenges (yes, it does happen to us too!).

There have been a few comments (told to me) that I need to ease up on posting my kayaking adventures. Yes, I know they start to all look the same, but I enjoy sharing these spectacular settings with everyone. There are probably people that aren't interested in our antique collecting, home projects, boating, car, motorcycle or events too, but just wait a day or two, and with our diversified lives, you know we'll be doing something else that will pique your interest! 

Now, you can even leave comments on this website also. I finally discovered that there are settings that can be adjusted, so it will be easy and simple to leave comments after each post. Just remember that anything you write can be seen around the world. According to my stats, my 'audience' encompasses many countries including Canada, England, the Bahamas, Russia, Ukraine, Guatemala, Indonesia, Thailand, Australia, Poland, and Norway...and that was only today's list. It changes daily.

When we write about different subjects (Dave helps me with the technical names and items), we try to make it as accurate as possible, since we never know what people will be searching for when this blog shows up as a result in the search engine. However, my statistics page does tell me that targeted information....for example, 39 Plymouth, or Bahamas Lighthouse. You may have noticed that I rarely put people's last names in any of my posts, and that is the reason. Any word or name written can be picked up in a search. My stats even tell what search engine is being used, what kind of browser was used, and any other fact imaginable. Interesting, but it shows that 'Big Brother is watching you." Or in my case "Big Sister!"

Thanks again for following our antics and adventures and I hope you keep on coming back. In another month we'll be headed south and change over to our other lifestyle. We truly are blessed, and as I have said many times before, we never take a moment of our multifaceted lives for granted.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, very interesting stats! This is the best way to keep us all 'together' Who am I? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, You should write a book!! Actually, you already have!! It's way better than a reality show!! From your #1 Fan.............

    ReplyDelete