Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Healing Continues

Ahhh, I am relieved now that I have a new smaller and lighter cast! Plus 13 staples on one side of my ankle and 10 on the other side have been removed. No pink casts were available so I settled for purple. I suppose I should have asked for Halloween orange!

The good news is that there isn't as much metal in my ankle as we thought. The bad news is that the doctor said that my bones were so soft that he could put his finger in them. However he did say part of that is due to the injury itself. It is imperative that I don't walk or bear weight until it is healed and my next appointment isn't for 4 weeks. Then maybe I can get a walking boot and he said we would talk then about me possibly being able to go to Abaco. Depends on the healing I guess.

Happy Halloween from Franken-foot!

1 comment:

  1. At least it almost matches the PT Cruiser. Don't let Dave try to adjust the screws. Insert smiley face here.

    ReplyDelete