Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Surprise!

Dave has really been working hard at getting the last minute projects taken care of. I went down to his work area in the boatyard and was talking with him this afternoon, when I noticed a curly tail lizard hanging out on the concrete.

Dave said that it hangs out there a lot, but as I watched it, it didn't move much and when it did, it dragged its back legs and its tail was flat on the ground. Dave and I continued talking and when I looked down again, the lizard had laid an egg...surprise!

By the time I got my camera to take a photo, the egg had started to wither. That's a bummer, but we certainly couldn't keep it in an incubator, and from what I read, it would be June when it hatched. Oh well, it was still a rare occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment