Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Sighted...

Today I took a long walk around our community. The weather has been so hot that I haven't been out as much as I wanted to, but today was a bit cooler. There are several small lakes around which bring in the birdlife. As I walked by one mobile home I came across this trio of storks in the driveway, of all places. The one was either drying its wings or cooling off. I have seen herons do this also...

I tried to get closer without disturbing them, but they were pretty skittish. I took another photo and continued on my way. They certainly are strange looking and nothing like we all see in cute commercials or cartoons on television.

I didn't know I would be doing this much bird watching so close to my backyard. I'm still waiting for the sandhill cranes to come by though.

No comments:

Post a Comment