Monday, May 25, 2020

Are You My Momma?

Dave came out to visit me while I was painting the porch beams today and noticed a baby robin hopping around on the front lawn. Although we heard chirping, the parents were nowhere to be found. We left it alone and continued with our projects. That's when Dave went into the motorcycle shop and heard more chirping and found another chick by one of the windows, so it must be able to fly a little. He grabbed his gloves and gently brought it out to the backyard. It immediately hop-flew towards the woods where one of its parents waited on a hay rake. 


Dave went to check to see if any other birds were in the nest near the shop while I went to check on my paint. At the same time we both found more robin chicks on the ground. Mine was the original one and Dave's was a different one all together. He was able to grab both and they immediately opened up their mouths looking for food as if to say, "are you my momma?" We released them by the other rescued bird and its parent, who herded them all into the woods. We aptly named the babies the three stooges with the first rescued bird having an attitude, so he was definitely Moe. My question is...if "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush", what are two birds in the hand(s) worth?😉
(Larry and Curly were followers)

No comments:

Post a Comment