Friday, June 19, 2020

Hot & Calm, Day 3

Actually it wasn't as calm as predicted, with quite a few whitecaps in spots on Lake George. It didn't bother us too much though, because we had Moxie! We escaped the south wind in a bay we had never anchored in before called Lamb Shanty Bay, which I couldn't help calling Lamb Shank Bay 😉. I don't know how it got its name, but it is up against the hillside (Lake George is like a fjord), so it would be best suited for mountain goats, not sheep. Such a pretty area, although the bay is open to boat wakes, which wasn't much of an issue this early in the season.

X marks the spot and a good place to anchor, not that we needed good holding in this benign weather.

I checked the water temperature with the laser thermometer, which was 67.8 degrees at the surface. As always, Dave couldn't wait to get in the water anyway.

The 'Turtle Whisperer'.

It took me awhile to get into the water, but I made it and set a record for the earliest swim of the season! 

We have no plans for Day 4 of the hot weather, but I bet we come up with something interesting "by land or by sea." 




No comments:

Post a Comment