Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Pony!

We have a new ride! New to us anyway. As you probably read a few months ago, we towed our Mini-Cooper 'Bitsy' back home from Florida since it was having motor issues. Dave has been working on it, but we feel that we don't trust it anymore since it has had several issues already. We do need a second vehicle for the winter in Jensen Beach, so I thought that bringing my PT Cruiser Convertible down would be fun and a good compromise. Dave had other plans and kept sending me ads for Ford Mustangs, which I am not overly fond of. I kept saying no, I want my PT down there and I thought we finally settled the subject. That is, until he sent me an ad for a stunning electric blue 2009 Mustang Convertible with beige top and interior. Dave was out sealing the driveway when I finally had a chance to open the ad, and I ran out and surprisingly told him that I think we need to go look at it. Of course he jumped right on it; driveway sealer be damned! 😉 The ad said it was located in Pine Bush, which we thought was the subdivision area near Albany. Then we discovered that this Pine Bush is near New Paltz, so the following day we had a road trip adventure. As soon as the owner backed the car out of the garage, we knew it was ours. It was so comical, because Dave had brought flashlights and his car ramps to look underneath it, which was totally not needed when we looked to see how spotless the engine compartment was. It was owned by 80 year olds before this owner (also a Dave) bought it about 2 years ago to take to car shows with his friend. Now his friend sold his car, so he decided to sell his Mustang. We barely needed to take it for a test drive, but we did...

When we got back to Dave and Jamie's house, we told him SOLD! (luckily we were prepared to buy), the owner really surprised us and said that he wanted us to drive it home with his license plates and insurance and then mail him the plates back asap. He and his wife both said that it was silly for us to drive the 2 1/2 hours back down at another time to get it. These were the nicest people you ever want to meet! However, this was not what I really wanted to do, because it was now rush hour traffic on the NYS Thruway and severe thunderstorms were predicted. I finally gave in and off we went with Dave in his Mustang (the newest thing we own) and me driving the trusty Buick Century. Traffic was heavy but not too bad, but I was eyeing the dark ominous clouds heading in from the west. As we approached Albany, all hell broke loose when the storm was on top of us with over 40 mph winds and blinding rain. Thank goodness the cars are aerodynamic and the Mustang has large taillights, because at times I could barely see two feet in front of me. At least traffic really slowed down and I joined the masses and turned on my emergency flashers to be seen more easily. We did get through it but were so glad to make it back home unscathed. Since we name just about everything we own, I bet you are wondering what we came up with. Probably everybody that knows this song, names their 'pony' this, but I couldn't resist, because it fits and sounds right...Mustang Sally!

🎵"Ride, Sally, Ride!"🎵

No comments:

Post a Comment