Friday, January 4, 2019

"Cake Topper"

It has been a week of seeing extreme things around Hope Town, which I will write about in my next post, but the item that "topped the cake" was this...

I had just returned from a walk to the north end of Elbow Cay, when I heard a float plane land out in the Sea of Abaco. This wasn't that rare as we know that the owners of Anna Cay have one that brings the family in occasionally, and we have seen it about once a year. The prop noise kept getting louder and louder though, and I knew it was heading this way and ran for my camera. Thank goodness it didn't come in last week when the harbor was so crowded and hard to maneuver.

Then, to everyone's surprise, it picked up a mooring and waited for the Hope Town Inn and Marina to pick up the guests. That's when Dave and Jack (the other co-owner of Suja) sailed by and right past it!

Once again, we never know what we are going to see in the harbor! 

No comments:

Post a Comment