Thursday, January 6, 2022

Starting Line

RC sailboat racing has been getting more and more competitive. More boats = more action with great starts and some pretty close finishes too. Dave has his good and not so good races, but it is all fun (he is sail #31). 




I don't always go to these practice races that take place twice a week, but when I do, it also gives me the opportunity to walk around the pond and explore some the streets nearby. Today I did some birding and found this gorgeous Great White Egret in its breeding plumage, who posed nicely for a photo.


I also saw a pair of Hooded Mergansers preening in the spray of a fountain in a retention pond. The male had a white head and breast, and the female was mostly brown. The photo was taken from afar, but you can tell we have haven't had much rain lately with the ponds being quite low on water.


Such is the boring life of these two old goats. However, we did do something a bit more exciting by taking the kayaks down to Peanut Island in Lake Worth. It was a cloudy day (we even got rained on at one point), but that kept the crowds away. The water was crystal clear with the incoming tide, so Dave had a great snorkel adventure while I walked the perimeter of the island. We saw two large freighters come into the port along with four tugboats, and there was also a barge removing sunken derelict vessels. Unfortunately, I had forgotten my camera! Oh well, I guess that is also a part of being an old goat. 😉

😎

No comments:

Post a Comment