Sunday, March 31, 2024

The Golden Egg

What a way to spend early Easter Sunday! We kayaked over to the St. Lucie Inlet Preserve State Park, walked the 3/4 mile boardwalk to the beach, and made the first footprints in the sand for the day. We decided to split up and Dave combed the beach to the north and inlet, while I headed south. What a surprise to find this Golden Easter Egg that had just washed up. It was empty, but that's okay, like my sister told me, it's a good representation of the empty tomb and what Easter stands for. 


When I met up with Dave again, he had his own treasures to show me, including another cowrie shell and a whole sand dollar, which is rare to find, since they usually break up in the surf. Sand dollars also have a religious meaning, so it was almost like we had our own private sunrise service.


Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment