Monday, September 30, 2019

Walking the Ridge

On a beautiful fall afternoon, Dave and I took the Thunderbird to Thatcher's Park and the Helderberg Escarpment.


There are several hiking trails, although we did not attempt to go down the Indian Ladder. Just be sure to stay on the trail side of the fences! It is a long way down to the valley and most of the paths are right on the edge...

These milkweed pods brought back memories of when I was a kid and used to pop them, getting all sticky in the process.

The trail along the ridge wanders through the trees which were really yellow, compared to all the rest. Yes, it really is autumn now!


We stopped at the new visitors center, which is quite impressive. As you can see, it was rather crowded that day.😉

In the spring we will be back to do some more hiking, some of which includes waterfalls. If we go early enough we might even see them still frozen. We did the Indian Ladder in May once and they were still like icebergs. Wish I had brought my camera that day, because we may never see it like that again. Thanks to the internet I found this...

Maybe I really would rather go when it is warmer though. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment