Sunday, November 1, 2020

Migratory Goats

We have migrated to Jensen Beach on a spur of the moment decision! We had planned on going south just around Halloween, but when it was predicted to snow up home and Hurricane Zeta was going to cross our driving route in Virginia, we had less than 24 hours to pull everything together, pack, and winterize the house. The same day, I had a doctor's appointment to have my ear infection checked and when the receptionist took my temp with the laser thermometer, it was 99.9 degrees. All I could think was, Dave is going to kill me because we won't be able to go! When my real temp was taken, it was normal and my infection is gone. She asked me if I had the heat on in the car when driving to the office, and of course I had it cranking. Who would have thought that would affect the laser reading, but then again, it is only a surface reading. Dave's knee is healing really well and he barely limps, so off we went for the two day drive, living out of the van. We also towed Jim Ryan's 14ft. sailboat down for him, so we had to go a bit slower. We arrived on Dave's birthday at about 6 PM and all is well with our place here. We have been busy getting everything back in service, weeding, trimming, pressure washing, etc. Thanks to our good friend Scott, who looked after the place this summer, this has all been very easy. Dave is out cleaning up our powerboat Coqui (ironically there were two tree frogs living in it), although the weather is not conducive for boating with lots of showers and wind this coming week. We don't mind (too much 😉) because we are warm and in shorts! We are ready for our winter adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment