Monday, December 14, 2020

My Cranes

While passing the local school on my morning walk today, I happened to see my favorite birds in this area, the Sandhill Cranes. These birds are amazing and it was special to be so close to them. First I saw them in the field, but on my way back, they were right next to the fence.



There are signs on the road everywhere to look out for them and we usually see them in pairs (they mate for life) or three, if they have a young one, but the other day we saw 5 of them on a side street. We stopped since they were crossing the road and they came right next to the driver's side of the car. Neither of us could get our phone cameras out fast enough to get a photo though. I am so glad I had my camera with me today, especially since the cranes weren't afraid at all. I stood there quietly observing them until they moved on to check out other areas, and then of course, so did I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment