Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Mountain Goats Again

I can't believe what my husband gets me into, despite my fear of heights. Today was the perfect day to have a picnic lunch at Thatcher's Park in the Helderberg Mountains with the Thunderbird.


Then I was talked into walking the Indian Ladder Trail along the Helderberg Escarpment. Last time we did this, I told myself I wouldn't do it again, because I felt too close to the edge. Well, so much for that idea. Luckily, Dave helped and walked on the outside part of the trail in the places that don't have railings. The photo below shows the trail on top and the trail below...


The two major water falls were running, but more like spritzing. We still got wet going under them though.



There was also water running out of the rocks in several places, making it slippery crossing in close quarters.


The view certainly isn't as high as Whiteface Mt., but still quite amazing for the Capital District area.



Dave claims we are adding this trip as an annual rite of passage. I guess this old goat better get used to it! 😉



No comments:

Post a Comment