Saturday, August 3, 2019

While The Cat's Away...

The mice will...kayak! Dave has been on a walkabout the past few days, leaving me to play in the Adirondacks. He and Jim R. attended a motorcycle swap meet in Connecticut yesterday and then today he is in Clayton for the annual Antique Boat Show and Auction. Meanwhile I have been enjoying the serenity of the lakes, first at Paradox Lake, and then at northern Lake George. I don't have any photos of Paradox, but remembered my camera for the L.G. trip. What a lovely calm day it was, and I was out before the boaters towing tubes and skiers came out in full force.

Here I was thinking what good exercise I was getting, when I passed this swimmer who put me to shame. I believe that it is was the woman who has been known to swim the entire length of the lake (I think she is from Ticonderoga). She tows the buoy to make herself more visible and she sure swims fast!

This was a sight I hadn't seen before...a family of diving mergansers on a swim float. Usually it is the mallards that take over.

My goal was to head south on the east side of the lake and end up for a swim at the tiny beach on the north side of  the mountain 'Anthony's Nose'. I made it no problem, no one was there (unusual), and had a wonderful swim before heading back.

See that spit of land in front of the furthest flat top mountain on the right? That is the point where the town beach is and where I launched and yakked back to. What fantastic and peaceful outing!


No comments:

Post a Comment